- 2 cups cream
- 400ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 400g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup of water
- 60g sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 sheet of meringue
- ½ cup of passion fruit pulp or passion fruit syrup
- Process the raspberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Put the raspberry puree and water in a medium saucepan and heat.
- Stir in the sugar and lemon juice and simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Pour into a bowl and store in the fridge.
- In a mixer or with an electric beater, whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Whisking the cream continuously, slowly pour the condensed milk mix into the cream until combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a loaf pan. Swirl in some raspberry coulis and passionfruit syrup (be careful not to mix together too much) and sprinkle over some chunks of meringue.
- Pour over another 1/3 of the ice cream base and repeat the swirling, twice more.
- Cover and transfer to the freezer to set for at least 8 hours before serving.
Want to receive delicious recipes? simply fill in the fields below